4/28/2012

Film or Digital?





I like photography. Taking picture is party of my daily hobbies. I have a phone which allow me to take picture at anytime, anywhere. On the other side, I like film photography, because of shooting film is more expensive than digital, which drags me have to think twice before I press the shutter. I enjoyed playing film, and I really like Polaroid, the instant camera. Even though there is type of software may convert a digital picture into the look like a Polaroid picture. However, I feel it is really fake.

Obviously, the reason why film is not so popular today is because it is cheap and convient to share on Facebook. If you a not a photography lover or a professional photographer, film could be a legend in your mind.

Yesterday, I went to a pawn shop and found a Polaroid 600 instant camera at just $4.50.     Then I went to All of the Bozeman photography shop to see if they have any film available for sale. It turn out they did not, which is really sad. I checked the price after, it shocked me, a box of film will cost me approximately $50, I will not spend money on this because I am a poor student. But I still feel sad about can't afford the film and can't really play with it.

There is a demand, there is supply. Without demand, nobody would still liked to stay there. Fiji released a few camera which designed very modern, it turns out very popular in Asia. Shall we keep the old history or just look forward?


No comments:

Post a Comment